- 500g Raw Beetroot, grated
- 2 Large Carrots, grated
- 1/2 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottle cooked Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cloves Garlic Grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Zest and Juice 1 Lemon
- Small Handful Chopped Soft Herbs (Parsley, Mint, Coriander)
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Grate the beetroot and carrot into a bowl, add 1tsp of Salt and mix well. Leave for 5 minutes. Meanwhile slicing the spring onions and finely grating the garlic. In handfuls squeeze all the liquid possible out of the beetroot and carrot transferring to another bowl as you do. Discard the juice and add the garlic and spring onions.
Blitz the chickpeas in a food processor until smooth and use a spatula to add to the bowl with the grated beetroot and carrot. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Form into 4 patties and place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, turning half way.
You can also pan fry these with very little oil. Serve with courgette chutney or mint chutney.