Fibre rich oats, protein packed seeds and nuts and all the immunity spices you need to set you up strong for the day!
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 assorted nuts and seeds ( sunflower, pumpkin , linseeds, walnuts, almonds..)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Maldon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar (organic brown sugar works too)
- 2 eggs (substitute 2 tablespoon chia or flax seeds in 6 tablespoons water, allow to soak for a while)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
Preheat oven to 175°C.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients from the oats till the black pepper.
In another bowl and using a hand mixer/ blender, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs ( or substitute ) and vanilla until fluffy and smooth. Slowly beat in the oat mixture. Lightly stir in the coconut.
Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Press each cookie down with a fork a bit. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. The cookies will seem a little soft, but do not over bake or they’ll get too crisp. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for about 5 minutes or until they start to harden up a bit.
At this point you can transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.