- 450g shrimp, peeled, cleaned and with tails
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon curcuma powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon Soul Spices (or store bought) curry powder
- 1 bunch fresh curry leaves (dried are fine)
- 1 piece grated ginger
Heat up a wok. When the oil is very hot, add the mustard seeds. Once they start to pop open and jump, add the curry leaves. Lower to medium heat and incorporate the spices and ginger. If it starts to stick to the bottom of the wok, add a dash of hot water.
Continue to stir one more minute and bring up the heat now. Add the prawns and sauté for 4-5 minutes until done.
Serve finished with a little lemon juice and if you want, some fresh cilantro leaves and hot basmati rice.