Makes 25-30 brownies.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice (I use either almond or oat milk for mine)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, unrefined if desired
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (or ground flax)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
Whisk together the first 3 ingredients, then set aside. (If using flax, whisk it in as well.) Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a square oven pan , or line with parchment paper, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all the dry ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 16 minutes, or 24 if using a deeper pan. The brownies will look a little underdone when they come out, but that’s okay! Allow to cool at room temperature completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze.