So I know there’s this who RAW phenomenon going on right now.. and that’s ok… we pretend like courgetti is spaghetti and carrots are noodles.. but who are we kidding right..??
I LOVE carbs!!!! 🙂 However, on certain occasions I enjoy a lighter version of a Singapore noodle, or a fettuccini with pesto… it’s spring and so the weather helps us with this too!
Super inspired by this beautiful recipe compilation, I’ve made a conscious decision to eat much more veg… I mean i DO eat my veg but I need to sort of renovate my ideas of what a salad can be… I think a lot of us have that problem no? There’s a really cool Ceasar salad recipe too, using cashew nuts as the base for the dressing.. can’t wait to try that and tell you about it! Just looking at the colours on the pages made me wanna go eat a farmers market!! 🙂
This is super simple… just a few ingredients… but pretty satisfying… I suggest you let it sit for a few hours for the carrots to soak up all the deliciousness from the cumin, olive oil and lemon juice… tastes like Morocco… <3
- 1 big carrot, made into noodles (you can use a veggie noodle/pasta machine or a julienne peeler)
- 2 heaped teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Maldon salt
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 handful salted peanuts
- 1 handful fresh chopped coriander, stalks included
- place carrot noodles in a bowl. Add the cumin, cayenne, salt, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.. I find that using my hands really gets all the flavours together, but you can use a spoon instead ,)
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for a few hours…
- Before serving:Dry roast the peanuts for a minute in a non stick pan. remove and set aside.
- Remove salad from the fridge, top with the peanuts and chopped coriander and serve!