I tried this recipe recently and really enjoyed it. I think it’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner right now, so easy to make. I recommend you eat it on the same day, as the cauliflower would start to smell a little the next day.
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup / 150g frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds to finish
- sriracha sauce and ketchup manis sauce to finish (optional)
- PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER: In your food processor, process the cauliflower until you get a fine, cous cous like grain, pulsing 4-5 times and checking. Transfer to a bowl and using a kitchen paper towel, squeeze to remove as much moisture as you can, set aside.
- STIR FRY: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the onions and carrots and stir fry until fragrant and until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper at this point. Add the minced garlic and continue for a few seconds. Add the cauliflower, and remaining sesame oil to the pan; stir fry quickly to cook the cauliflower. Add the green peas and tamarin and continue to stir fry.
- Turn off the heat and finish with the finely sliced spring onions, sriracha and ketchup manis to give it that sweet spicy finish and top with the toasted sesame seeds. You could do this just before serving.
Let me know what you think!