Phew, so that title is a mouthful!!! There was really no shorter way to describe this salad though.. I want you to know EXACTLY what’s in it!!! So many fresh and vibrant and HAPPY flavours, and take SO little time to put together… 15 mins and it was on the table, seriously!! How’s that for lunch?
I was out shopping for my 13 year old’s upcoming birthday and found this little gem of a book at the Urban Outfitters store… yes, they sell some fun books! So I had a quick glance through and icked it up right away… I mean, it’s not an epic recipe book, written by a famous celebrity chef or anything, but I just liked the message… who says catchy covers don’t sell?,)
Basically it’s all about the kinds of foods that can perk you up… And now that summer’s approaching, that’s rather helpful… omega 3 (salmon) is HUGE for making us happy and can be found in loads of other things like mackerel, flax seeds and walnuts! All the stuff we love! And it’s a mood booster… more salmon please! This salad I just threw together… it isn’t in the book but I was so inspired after just flipping through some of the fun and energy boosting recipe, I thought this might be a good one!
I just felt like doing mine this way, I’ve been doing A LOT of these, as you will see in my next recipe… yes… I’m one of THOSE people!!! Ok , enough talk, here’s the recipe… it’s all about the ingredients that work so well together in this…love it!
- 1 courgette, cut into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup quinoa, prepared by boiling for 13 minutes with a splash of lemon juice, drain and cool over ice
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 150 grams smoked salmon slices
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Maldon salt to lightly season
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds (onion seeds)… you can use sesame seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in any fashion you wish
- Dress with lemon juice and olive oil
- Season with salt and sprinkle on the nigella seeds.
- Serve immediately!