The avocado: high in calories, it actually aids fat burning, reduces inflammation & bloating, reduces cholesterol, regulates blood sugar, reduces signs of ageing, improves bad skin, works to prevent and fights cancer & heart disease.
You wouldn’t think that you would use it as a sauce for pasta, but its creaminess and richness lends perfectly to coating fine strands of spaghetti…
I found this perfect, quick and creami-licious recipe on thelondoner.com…. thank you! It’s always a little challenging finding new recipes to try each week… Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE doing it… but sometimes you just want to find THAT recipe, with a difference…one that’s going to be super easy to add to the weekly menu…
And with a handful of simple ingredients you get something pretty special…it’s also so good for you, you can actually feel yourself glowing after you’ve eaten it ( Seriously!)
Blend up the garlic, avos, and fresh parmesan with some really good quality olive oil.. that’s pretty much it!!
It’s a beauty!
Creamy Avocado Spaghetti
- 4 fist fulls of spaghetti(one for each person),
- 3 ripe avocados… don’t worry if they are slightly over ripe…
- Juice of 2 lemons,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1/3 cup of good olive oil,
- Generous pinch of salt,
- 2-3 stems of chives, chopped
- Grating of parmesan.
- Cook your pasta as per package instructions.
- Scoop out the flesh of your avocados, discarding the skins & seeds.
- Pop it into a blender with your lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt & basil. Blend until smooth & creamy. I used a stick blender .
- Season according to taste and to your liking… you’ll need to adjust the lemon and salt for sufre as avocados tend to need a generous amount of both.
- When you’re happy with it, set it aside until your pasta is ready & drained. Toss together in a large bowl & sprinkle with chopped chives ( or basil if you like) and freshly grated parmesan (not the dried stuff you buy in a shaker).
This is something I can so imagine serving out on the terrace in summer, with a huge Insalata Caprese… and that is all! Keep a generous serving of fresh parmesan at the ready as it is just SO good with MORE cheese on top!!
Leave a Reply