This makes about 6 toasts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red capsicum
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala ( optional)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 red or green chilli finely sliced ( optional)
- 1 tsp freshly squeeze lime juice
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( feel free to substitute for vegan cheese)
- Best quality Sour Dough Bread
Set the oven to a grill setting.
Butter the sliced bread and place in the oven on a baking sheet and grill for 2 minutes until just slightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the : capsicum, corn, onion, coriander, lime juice, cheese, all dry seasonings plus a tiny pinch of salt. You can opt to leave the chilis as a topping or mix it in the corn mixture. Mix well. You can add a little melted butter to the mix to bring it all together, or even some creme fraiche!
Spoon the corn mixture onto each toast. You can pile on as much or as little as you like. If you want more cheese you can top off the toasts with additional cheese as well before placing back in the oven.
Pop the toasts back in the oven on grill setting for 2-3 minutes, until you see the cheese is melting and bubbling and golden brown on top! Serve hot but don’t burn your tongue! You can serve this with any chilli sauce you like or even a green chutney. On it’s own is good enough for me though!
This is a perfect treat and something fun for the whole family. Feel free to add other veggies like asparagus and celery. Anything with a crunch goes well!
Para unas 6 tostadas