- 1 cup buckwheat flour (you can use any flour you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup oat milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a measuring mug, measure 1 cup milk. Add the oil, water and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Do not over-mix. A few lumps are okay. Set aside for a couple of minutes while you heat the pan and ask the family to set the table.
- Heat a griddle or pan at medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the ghee and let it melt completely.
- Add this ghee to the pancake batter and whisk it nicely.
- Once the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter on the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the face of the pancake.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook until its golden brown.
If you’re making these slightly ahead of time then preheat your oven to 120C and keep the pancakes warm in there.
Serve with maple syrup / honey / chocolate sauce and anything you like!
Leave a Reply