Let’s eat rainbows!!!
It’s amazing when you look at a plate like this and just KNOW that everything on it is really good for you! And of course, it’s not all super perfectly clean and raw and all of that… I marinated the tofu in quite a bit of flavourings… the tomatoes are roasted in glugs of olive oil, sugar to slightly sweeten them.. everything else is simple… blanched asparagus… cooked lentils… mango.. so basically, it’s a good plate!
The reason I’ve presented it this way is simply because when we’re all around the table, there are a few things that some might like less than others.. and often, in a tossed salad, it’s a little more challenging to pick those less liked things out…so when plated up this way, you can go for what you prefer much more easily 🙂
There’s not too much fuss here… it’s just prepping a few things, sauteeing, roasting.. all this can happen simultaneously… just keeping an eye on everything…making sure nothing burns.. yes it’s happened to me on more than one occasion… human we are…
- 200 grms cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams pre cooked lentils of your choice
- 1 mango, sliced
- 6 asparagus spears
- A couple of handfuls rocket leaves
- 150 grams firm tofu.. I used one that had algae in it but you can use anything you like
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- good quality olive oil
- Maldon salt
- nigella seeds
- Prepare the tomatoes: cut them in half, dress with a generous amount of olive oil, some sugar, salt and dried Italian herbs and roast at 180 C for 15-20 minutes.
- Blanch the asparagus for a minute, immerse in ice cold water, remove and cut into 1 inch pieces, dress with olive oil and season with salt.Cut the tofu in cubes and marinate for a few minutes in soy, Ketchap manis ( a sweet thick dark sauce) and sesame oil… again use what you have around , you could just use honey and soy for example. Pan fry on a high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the lentils with a generous splash of lemon juice and season with salt.
- Arrange everything on a plate in any fashion you like.
- Season the mango with some nigella seeds.
- Cover and refigerate for an hour just before serving
- Serve chilled.
Leave a Reply