So this post was actually SUPPOSED to be for 5 de Mayo… we got slightly delayed, sorry! I didn’t even need to tell you that! ,) Aren’t these little babies just adorable? I’m not one for constant cute food , but these are cute AND they rock your world, taste wise!
Yes, I’m on a Zuchinni roll right now… sometimes I call them Courgette… I dunno… potato potato… SO many things have so many names… So now, depending on the DAY, I decide!!!
Now I was going to grill the ribbons of zuchinni, but then I thought, let’s be all RAW about ourselves!!! Since that is now a THING people do… let’s make the RAW lovers happy! This must be yesterday’s news though… but for me, it’s a newbie and it’s staying! The combination just fits so well, I love the sweetness of the thin ribbons of zuchinni with the tangy punch of the guac… it’s awesome! and then just to give it a tiny twist… I used dark soy sauce as a garnish…
The teachnique for forming the zuchinni ribbons is the same as in my previous post:https://anjalinachugani.com/courgette-ribbon-smoked-salmon-quinoafeta-salad/ . then you just place the guac at the bottom end and roll upwards! pretty simple… and yet, you yourself feel impressed at how they look AND taste!
Being avocado and raw veggies in general, I think these are best had straight away… You could store them in the fridge for 2-3 hours tops but they really hardly take any time to prepare.. you could prep your veggies for the guac ahead of time and then just whizz it all up…SOOOOOO easy! Summer, here we come!
- 1 zuchinni/courgette ribboned
- 1-2 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- dark soya sauce to garnish (optional)
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocados in a bowl. add all the ingredients, except the zuchinni. Mix well to obtain a smooth but slightly chunky consistency.
- season to taste.
- Cover with cling film, allowing the cling film to touch the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare the zuchinni. Pick the ribbons that are the “nicest” for rolling… as in, the ones which aren’t broken at the ends.
- lay each ribbon on a flat surface.. a chopping board for example.
- Place a teaspoon and a half of the guacamole at the bottom end of the zuchinni ribbon.
- Carefully start rolling the ribbon upwards, being slightly firm and making sure the guacamole doesn’t fall out the sides.
- Once you reach the top, stand it up and continue with the rest!
- To serve, spoon tiny drops of soy sauce on your serving dish and then place the roll ups on top of the soy sauce.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a maximum of 3 hours.