So this is fun! Experimenting with fun, summery produce and just trying it out to see how and what works….This really is the time to do it as we’re more relaxed… we have a little more time on weekends… and we have the best produce for sure!
I like a smoothie now and then but I’ve never been a huge fan… Once in a while, in the morning I’ll whizz up some fruits and veggies… but I’ve always been one who prefers my food whole as apposed to liquid form! So this salad basically is a smoothie in salad form in many ways!
The dressing for this is lovely and creamy… it’s one avocado blitzed with a bit of olive oil, lemon juice and honey… super simple but such a great alternative to heavy, mayo-y dressings I think…
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 punet strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100 grams goats cheese or feta or any cheese you like!
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Toss all the salad ingredients together. Crumble over the cheese.
- Whizz the salad dressing ingredients together with a stick blender or in a food processor and drizzle generously over the salad!
I prepared this just before heading down to the pool.. popped it in the fridge and it was perfectly chilled after roasting myself under the hot sun… what a treat!!