Let’s have a party-in-your-mouth moment now!!!
It’s the Cinco de Mayo celebration in the US… not that has anything to do with me, however I do feel the need to contribute in my own small way… So I was looking through recipes involving tequila… with salmon… since recently, I had had a beautiful gin tonic salmon…. and I wanted to figure out how best to put this on a plate! So I finally did it!!
As you may know, my food mood highly revolves around the weather… Seriously… it’s been lovely here… perfectSpring… the sun is shining …. so the food at home shines and dances and it’s all about colour! I like it this way! And I just think that Mexican inspired food is so inspiring and exciting and SO ideal t to share…
Tequila and Lime Salmon with a Quick Salsa
- 2 salmon filet steaks
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Dash of low sodium soya sauce sauce
- For the quick salsa:
- A handful of baby tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- fresh lime juice
- To serve
- Fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the salmon steaks in a wide shallow dish and pour the marinade over the steaks. Cover, and pop in the fridge. The longer you leave them the better. I left mine for around 6 hours.
- For the salsa, slice the tomatoes, and combine all the salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once you’re ready to serve, heat a non stick pan, on quite a high heat. Remove the salmon filets from the marinade and place them on the pan. Count till 3 and turn the filets. Do the same until all four side are seared. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the filets into around 5-6 generous slies, depending on how big your filets are.
- Place on top of a bed of spinach. Top with grated lime zest. Surround with sliced radishes
- Serve with the quick salsa on the side and some tortilla chips.
The idea is that once you have everything ready, get everything together in your bowl and experience food heaven!