So I’m a bit overwhelmed and rushed off my feet this week.. so this is going to be a very quick post…
Things are a bit disorganized and I need to get back on track..
But at the end of the day, you come back home, make yourself a hot pot of tea or coffee and sit down with one of these babies… life is going to be good!:)
You don’t have to add sea salt… I did only on half the batch as some poeple don’t fancy them at home… and you can mix up the choccolate… white, dark, milk… I put a bit of all three in… it’s always more fun!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons or around 200 grams unslated butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ( A mixture of dark 70%, milk and white)
- sea salt for the tops
- Brown the butter until you get that nutty arome and it turns slightly dark.
- Pour into a heat proof bowl and cool down in the fridge.
- COmbine the flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- Once the butter has cooled down, with a hand held whisk, beat the butter with the sugars until combined.
- Add the vanilla bean paste.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture.
- At this point use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix the flour in properly and the chocolate chips or pieces.
- Using an icecream scoop scoop out balls of the cookie dough onto a tray and place in the fridge for about 20-30 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake in batches for 12-14 minutes just until they slightly start to brown on top.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.